2022 Chevy Tahoe Towing Capacity
With a towing capacity of up to 8,400 pounds when properly equipped, the 2022 Tahoe is an SUV that hauls like a truck. To learn more about the incredible durability and capability of the full-frame Chevy Tahoe, read on, and contact us with any questions you have!
How Many Pounds Can The 2022 Chevy Tahoe Tow?
Wondering how many pounds the Chevy Tahoe can tow? The staggering 8,400-pound Chevy Tahoe towing capacity is the maximum, but here is the full towing capacity spec list for each variant, which could be useful for your Round Lake and Waukegan excursions:
2022 Chevrolet Tahoe Max Towing Capacity by Engine and Drive Type
- 8,400 pounds – 5.3L 2WD
- 8,200 pounds – 5.3L 4WD
- 8,300 pounds – 6.2L 2WD
- 8,100 pounds – 6.2L 4WD
- 8,200 pounds – 3.0L 2WD
- 8,000 pounds – 3.0L 4WD
Chevy Power: 2022 Chevy Tahoe Maximum Payload
The Chevy Tahoe maximum payload is seriously impressive, far beyond what standard crossover SUVs are capable of:
- 355 horsepower
- 383 lb-ft of torque
- 2WD payload – 1,834 pounds
- 4WD payload – 1,746 pounds
- 420 horsepower
- 460 lb-ft of torque
- 2WD payload – 1,671 pounds
- 4WD payload – 1,616 pounds
3.0L Turbo Diesel
- 277 horsepower
- 460 lb-ft of torque
- 2WD payload – 1,717 pounds
- 4WD payload – 1,625 pounds
Towing Features: 2022 Chevy Tahoe
The Chevy Tahoe tow hitch is the most basic of the features the Tahoe has to offer the best in SUV towing. Take a look at the following advanced towing features:
- Active Fuel Management 12 modes of cylinder deactivation ensure the engine is always and instantly optimized for any load you are hauling, dramatically increasing gas mileage.
- Adaptive Cruise Control Semi-Autonomous technology that makes highway cruising more relaxing and safe than ever before.
- 13 Camera Views Excellent situational awareness through views that include “transparent trailer” and “rear trailer” modes.
- Max Trailering Package A high performance trailering package that includes a high-capacity radiator and cooling fan, a Hitch Guidance system with Hitch View, an integrated trailer brake controller, and the Chevrolet trailering app.
- Trailering App The trailering app includes trailer profiles, trailer tire temperature monitoring, trailer tire pressure, and Side Blind Zone Alert for trailering.
Experience the 2022 Chevrolet Tahoe at City Chevrolet Of Grayslake
Ready to test drive a Tahoe for yourself? Here at City Chevrolet Of Grayslake we offer amenities like an online financing application and car buying tips to make your purchase as easy as possible. Visit us near Gurnee today!
More from City Chevrolet Of Grayslake
Meet The New 2023 Chevy Malibu Are you looking for the best midsize sedan of 2023? Let me introduce you to the all-new Chevy Malibu, a model dedicated to innovation in all forms: performance, technology, and style. This vehicle sets itself apart from the competition with premium features unlike those you would in any other…
The 2023 Chevrolet Trailblazer – Is It Worth It? Are you in the market for a new vehicle? If so, you may be considering the 2023 Chevrolet Trailblazer. This mid-size SUV is packed with features and offers plenty of comfort and convenience to drivers. But is it worth investing in a 2023 Chevy Trailblazer? In…
Maintaining Your Chevrolet Silverado 1500 – Everything You Need to Know The Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is a reliable and powerful pick-up truck that has been helping drivers transport cargo for years. But, just like any other vehicle, it needs regular maintenance to ensure that its essential functions remain in perfect working order. Regular servicing of…